Sunday, June 8, 2008

Bike to Work Week

One of the weeks during May was bike to work week in IC and Coralville. They had all sorts of events around the cities on different days of the week. They had free breakfasts for anyone that biked to work. This is breakfast in front of Kinnick Stadium.

On Wednesday we had a bike parade in the evening. This is the beginning of the bike parade. I would say there were about 300 bikers in the parade. A lot of them were families.


This is the view from the back of the bike parade through Iowa City.


I was looking at the camera before I took this picture as I was riding, but then I hit a bump as I was clicking the shutter button, so I kept my eyes on the road.


Shadows. Notice the guy in top right corner. He rode a wheely for most of the 6 mile ride. Amazing.

This is my friend John. We are on a swim team together in Iowa City. We also play ultimate together at least once a week. It was just pure luck that we ran into each other at the bike to work week parade.


This is the bikers party at the end of the parade. They had free food and a band.


Iowa City is the best kept secret. What a young, fun, happening town.

No comments: