Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Draw Bridge Across the Mississippi

My roomate Josh and I drove down together to Nauvoo for a young single adult conference for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. On the way down we were making up tunes and rhyming lyrics about heart break and dating. We had such a good laugh. We crossed the Mississippi at Fort Madison. It is not unusual during spring, summer, and fall to have to wait at the drawbridge for the barges to pass through. Once I was stuck for an entire hour (the drawbridges were not lining up correctly, these bikers tried to jump the gap, one of them popped his inner tube). On this day i actually made the drive twice to and from Iowa City(I didn't want to miss the BYU v UCLA blowout), both times I had to wait for the barge. I like being stopped. I always get out of my car and enjoy the Mississippi River vista and the fresh air. In the winter it is a great place to watch bald eagles. There are hundreds of them. It is an amazing site.

Josh sporting his suspenders.

No comments: