Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Kernels Game and Pancake Breakfast at the Airport

This is my friend Melissa and I at the Kernels baseball game in Cedar Rapids. Yes everything in Iowa has some reference to corn. We had a great time. It was shive-hattery's game night. So we sat around people from work including my good friend Keith.


My company is a corporate sponsor for this community organization that does service with people who have disabilities with speech and hearing. This organization has a pancake breakfast once a year at the Iowa City airport. I was expecting it to be just a few tables spread out in one of the hangers. Boy was I wrong.......it was quite the event. It was on a Sunday morning. It was a gorgeous day. They had a vintage car and airplane show. I am sitting in the cockpit of the life flight helicopter for the University of Iowa Childrens Hospital. The fire department was out there with a game for the children to play........even some adults....I won a hot pad. I invited my neighbor to go with me. She is a graduate student in speech and language pathology.

No comments: